Ways of Giving
As a registered charity, Creative Spirit Art Centre depends upon the generosity of individuals and corporate community members to keep our doors open. 100 % of your donation goes to providing the services for our members. Administration costs of the Executive Director are provided on a volunteer basis.
The Managing Director’s position is funded by a grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation. (The grant will end on March 31, 2011 and at that time the position will be absorbed by the volunteer Executive Director).
Volunteers provide services as graphic designers, art installers, accounting, cleaning, plant care, light maintenance and many other tasks. We exist because of the good will and generosity of people who believe that everyone deserves to be part of a creative community, regardless of medical disabilities.
There are many ways you can contribute to Creative Spirit Art Centre! In addition to monetary donations and becoming a member which are always welcome, donors can also contribute art supplies, volunteer hours and stocks and securities. All donations are issued with tax-deductible receipts.
- Mail monetary donations to:
Creative Spirit Art Centre
999 Dovercourt Road
Find us on CanadaHelps.org to donate with a credit card.
You can also give the gift of a stock! See below for details.
Benefits of a Gift of Stock
• You get a donation tax credit for the fair market value of the stock you donated, which you can use on your income tax return to offset income
• You pay no capital gains on the donated appreciated securities
• If there is an unrealized loss on the stock you donated, you can still use the loss to offset capital gains realized during the current year or carry back the loss 3 years to offset previous capital gains or use against future capital gains.
• Something to feel good about, knowing that you’re supporting a worthy cause
How to Donate Stock
• Submit a letter of authorization to your broker to initiate the donation process. Please find attached a sample letter of authorization you could use. (Creative Spirit donation form PDF here)
• Fax a copy of the letter of authorization to Creative Spirit Art Centre. Notifying us will ensure you receive your official tax receipt promptly. Please fax letter to Ellen Anderson at (416) 588-8966.
• If you have any questions or need help completing the donation form please call Ellen Anderson at (416) 588-8801 or send an email to email@example.com